Thursday 27 September 2012

Go, go, Pandazilla!


With a purposeful grimace and a terrible sound
He pulls the spitting high tension wires down


My mate Rob of Mordue brewery has been kind enough to send me a bottle of Pandazilla, a beer made under his own Panda and Frog label, with his signature on the bottle and everything.

Helpless people on a subway train
Scream for God as He looks in on them

Already owning  a copy of Rob's signature I'm not easily impressed, but it's a fantastic label, so well done to the designer.

 He picks up a bus and he throws it back down
As he wades through the buildings toward the center of town


The beer is a Cascadian Dark Ale, craftily avoiding the oxymoronic term Black IPA. It's not my favourite style of beer. Maybe the cognitive dissonance of it scrambles my taste buds. But with a powerful whack of the sort of hops Darth Vader would approve of, enough dark malt taste to provide a bit of contrast and being surprising drinkable I necked the Pandazilla with great speed. Nice one Rob, maybe I should give these new fangled weirdly named whatsits a go more often.

Oh no, they say, he's got to go
Go go Pandazilla, yeah
Oh no, there goes Tokyo
Go go Pandazilla, yeah




2 comments:

  1. Ahem,
    Helpless people on subway trains
    Scream bug-eyed as he looks in on them

    Although scream for beer would work too

    ReplyDelete