Wednesday 21 May 2014

Drinking in Dorking

I got down to Dorking beer festival on Saturday, and event run by Surrey Craft Beer. It was billed as Dorking's first beer festival, though unlike the organisers I can remember the previous CAMRA festival, though admittedly it is a couple of decades since it stopped.











The beer range was surprisingly small for a beer festival, so I went straight for pints. I was hoping to find a mild but it was not to be. It's looking like it's going to be a mildless may for me.

 The beer was bright, didn't really show them at their best so I won't comment further on them.

I had a great time though. Sitting out in the sun drinking beer has a lot to be said for it.





We headed off when it started to get cold, after only modest intake for a beer festival. It was quite enough though for us the fully appreciate the mural in a subway on the way home.




They must have some strong acid in Dorking.

6 comments:

  1. I was there on Friday at 6pm, took 30 minutes to get the first beer. Chaotic. Crap food and expensive. More of a charity event with some beers than a feer festival. Would have liked to meet brewers. Should've gone to Kingston one instead. No wonder Surrey Hills skipped this one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ouch. It was their first festival so I think it was quite a learning experience for them. They had to get local breweries to re-stock their supplies on the Saturday too.

      Delete
  2. From the look of them, they are moles, as in the name of the local river.

    ReplyDelete
  3. call that a set of festival pictures? Wheres the fat bloke with a festival t shirt? The man dressed as Gandalf? The stewards that look like a zz top tribute band? The man with the tankard belt holster?

    C-
    could do better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well the last beer festival I was at a got a picture of old blokes singing along to the Wild Rover so I think I'm still ahead on points as far as sterotypes go.

      Delete