Thursday 4 September 2014

Script for a Jester's Beer

 So here I am once more, in the playground of the broken hearts



But enough of that, I know you're only here for the beer. I've been doing more homebrewing of late and one I made was a pale ale with craft beer levels of new English hops in it - Endeavour for bittering and lots of Jester for late and dry hopping.

I was interested to see if English hops really could compare with the assertive flavours so characteristic of craft beer. The flavour wasn't quite what I was expecting. It was certainly very fruity, with perhaps a bit of citrus, but it reminded me of plums more than anything else. It didn't really taste like American hops, the flavour being more like what I got with the Australian hop Galaxy. Interesting though, and definitely a success for English hop breeders.




No comments:

Post a Comment